Monday 13 January 2014

Doing Something Wrong

I received an email from Google as follows:

"Dear Cheryl Breytenbach,
You've recently been violating the Google+ User Content and Conduct policies.
Posts that contain spam, such as unwanted promotional or commercial content, or unwanted or mass solicitations, are not allowed on Google+. Offensive or repetitive posts are not allowed either.
Please review our policies to avoid violating them in the future.
If you continue to violate our policies, you may lose the ability to use some or all features of Google+ and other Google services. Learn moreWe're all in this together. Let's make Google+ a place where we all want to hang out.
Sincerely,
The Google+ team."


I was quite dismayed, as I have no idea what I have been doing that I should not be doing.

Knowing what it is that I have done would be good so that I can stop doing whatever it is that has been against the User Content and Conduct.

When I was Nursing we often said that a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. This is a prime example about what we meant. I have learnt how to "get by" on the internet, but I obviously do not know nearly enough! Guess if I had all the internet and computer knowledge necessary, I would not unintentionally be violating User Content and Conduct Policies. The only solution to that problem is to get myself educated in that regard. Easier said than done.

While I am waiting for a reply from the google+ team if there is anybody reading this blog that can tell me what it is that I am doing, please, comment. I would appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment