Friday 10 January 2014

Don't you just hate e-mails?

I love the "Work" that I am doing with SFI.

I even love the e-mails that I receive from the Team, and from family and friends!

So why on earth would my title be: "Don't you just hate e-mails"

I come to my PC in the morning all happy and chipper, wanting to find e-mails from family, friends, Team Mates and people that I know and care about. What I am faced with (my fault 100%) is literally 1000's of e-mails from people bombarding me with offers. And then I'm forced to wade through this "garbage" to find the mails that I am actually interested in, that have something to do with my business, my family and my friends.
People that I know and care about, and people that know and care about me.

We all have the odd mails that we do not want to receive, but heck no...... not thousands.

Like I said before, it is really my own fault. You pay the price for the mistakes you make, as the evidence in my mailbox shows!

So, no later than today. even if it takes me the whole day the unsubscribe button is going to be working overtime.

What I have learned from this little exercise is that I should not subscribe to everything I see.
Free marketing that comes packaged with "you have to receive mails from xxx members" is also out the door. NO MORE JUNK MAIL THANK YOU!!!

My stress levels have gone right through the ceiling. When I open my mails I literally want to puke and I feel every muscle in my body tense up. Why on earth would I be doing this to myself? Gone are the days when I could not wait to get started on my SFI business in the morning, and I waited with baited breath for a mail from one of my Team Members with a shout out for help.

This is probably why I dislike e-mail advertising as much as I do. My (subjective) opinion is that surely other people feel the same way as I do. Just going through the motions. So, so, so much wasted time!

Where does productivity lie in reading hundreds of e-mails with everyone and sundry plying their wares to you? Nope - this is just not working for me!

From now on it will be banner advertising, and splash page advertising on sites specifically designed for this. People choose to look at the banner, and if that is the way they want to spend their time, great! But no more of that Bull for me thank you very much.

Let's get back to being chipper, positive, motivated and loving what I do!

Yes to freedom of choice, and yes to realising what stresses you, and once again YES to doing something to remove that totally unnecessary stress factor from your life!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment